Everything you need to know about using a recruitment agency
Finding and securing the right job can be difficult. In addition to the stiff competition that accompanies most positions, you will also need to go through a rigorous recruitment process ensuring that you meet the employer’s exacting standards.
If you are new to the recruitment process, or haven’t been through it for a while, then you may find the entire process quite daunting. This is why many job hunters choose to search and apply for jobs through a professional recruitment agency.
But what are the benefits of doing this and do recruitment agencies actually improve your chances of getting a job?
What are the benefits of using a recruitment agency?
Recruitment agencies are there to give you a helping hand in your search for a job. Whilst this is a huge benefit, there are other things that a recruitment agency can do for you.
- Save time – Hate the idea of spending hours fine-tuning your CV and searching for the right role? If you do, then a recruitment agency can help you to perfect your CV and also take on the entire job search for you.
- Connect you with the most exclusive vacancies – There are a large number of schools and colleges who only recruit through dedicated recruitment agencies. This means that you will have access to some of the most exclusive vacancies.
- Give you the advice that you need – They are there every step of the process, helping you with your interview preparation, and improving your communication skills along with any other relevant training you need.
- Find you the best jobs – If you decide to apply for a role through a recruitment agency then they will work on your behalf. In addition to sourcing the top roles for you, they will also ensure you get the best possible salary package.
How do recruitment agencies work?
Recruitment agencies are responsible for matching available vacancies with suitable candidates.
If you decide to apply for a role via a recruitment agency, then you will be asked to attend an interview with them as part of the registration process, where you will need to fill out forms and discuss your skills and experience. Your details may then be passed on to the employer for consideration.
They will also give you feedback on the interview so that you can make changes if necessary. Candidates that are offered a position will then receive support as they start their new career.
Make a good impression
Here are some ways that you can make a good impression and get the most from your recruitment agency:
- Dress to impress – Just like you would for a job interview. You should never turn up in everyday casual wear. If you are serious about getting a job, then make sure you wear something smart and quite formal.
- Be enthusiastic – It isn’t just what you say that displays your enthusiasm. Your body language is also key. Stand up straight, make eye contact and show signs that you are listening.
- Be honest – Tell the truth about your skills, experience and qualifications. Being dishonest will only lead to problems with your employment.
- Trust their advice – Recruitment agencies are experts; therefore, you should listen to what they have to say.
Want to know more about how a recruitment agency can help you to source your next teaching role? If you do then please get in touch with us.