1:1 Part time teachers required
Dates: Job start 14-11-2019 – Salary: TBC
Click here to email us
Would you like a teaching role that would fit in with your lifestyle?
The SEN team at Strategy are looking for qualified teachers who are looking for 1:1 part time work for pupils in both Primary and Secondary settings in Colchester and Clacton on Sea.
You will be supporting students who are not in mainstream schools for various reasons including illness, behaviour/exclusion, mental health or pregnancy.
These students usually get 15 hours of tuition per week and sessions are arranged for either morning or afternoons (there is a degree of flexibility on the times).
The primary activity is to provide an individualised education both academically and socially in the community, so ideally you will need to be a car driver with business insurance.
• Assessing the individual needs of the pupil and following their EHCP’s if applicable
• Managing challenging behaviour in a positive and calm way
• Have the ability to differentiate work according to each child’s individual needs
Candidates must have:
• The legal right to work in the UK
• You must hold QTS/QTLS or a recognised teaching qualification
• Hold a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
• Enhanced DBS Certificate, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable)
• Two professional reference checks
The successful candidate will have some experience in one or more of the following:
• Outreach work
• Autism Spectrum Condition – ASC
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD
• Social, Emotional and Mental Health – SEMH
• Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties/Severe Learning Difficulties – PMLD/SLD
• Experience of de-escalation techniques would be advantageous.
Please note: These roles are not suitable for teachers looking for a permanent role due to the nature of the work.
Strategy Education is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this role or other part time SEN roles in other areas in Essex, please email your most up to date CV to Debra or get in contact with me to learn more.